San Jose, CA 95132
firstname.lastname@example.org • MattWales.com
PC MAC PRO
I am a PC & Mac enthusiast and expert when it comes to computers. Highly motivated self-taught individual with excellent learning and adaptive skills always staying up to date with all the latest technologies. I have over 25 years of on the job experience with a proven track record to rapidly troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex technical issues. I am a friendly professional with a strong emphasis on customer service as well as having a great sense of humor. I enjoy working with people and take pride in a job done well.
Hardware: Custom PC builds, Stock PCs (DELL, HP, ASUS, ACER, LENOVO, GATEWAY, etc.), all Apple models, Desktops, Laptops, Switches, Routers, VOIP Phone Systems, iPhone, iPad, Androids, Printers, Fax.
Operation Systems: Windows, 10, 8, 7, XP. Windows Server 2019 2016 2012 & 2008, MAC OS X and OS X Server, ESXi Server, Ubuntu 18, 16, 15, 14, 12., Ubuntu Server18, 16, 14, 12, CentOS, Linux Distros, etc. IOS, Android.
Software Apps: Microsoft Office 365, 2016, 2014, etc, Adobe CC & CS, Exchange 2003-2010, VMWare Workstation Pro, Fusion, FileMakerPro, ProTools, Logic, Final Cut Pro, Acronis, Power Shell, Terminal, Network Utility, Filezilla, Remote Desktop, Teamviewer, CCC, Retrospect, etc.
Networking: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, VPN, LogMeIn, MRD, ARD, Directory Services, Active Directory, Router Management, Switch, Firewall, Port forwarding, Proxy Server Management.
Web Programming and Web Apps: of HTML5, HTML. CSS, MYSQL/PHP, JAVA, SocialEngine, AVchat, 123Flashchat WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, IPboard, Vbulletin, etc.
Audio & Video: Professional Studio & Live Sound Engineer. Recorded a number studio albums & demos. Live sound Tech working with numerous bands and artists from County Fairs, State competitions, Festivals and clubs. I have in-depth knowledge of sound consoles and digital recording applications.
- Expertise hands in troubleshooting of Computer hardware related problems.
• OS installation expert in Windows, Linux as well as Mac OS & Hackintosh.
• Managing and Maintaining the Servers, PC’s, Routers, Switches and Firewalls.
• Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Networking Equipment.
• Network processing, centralized and distributive network connection.
• Installing, configuring and administering network technologies.
• Installing and configuring DHCP Client/Server.
• Backup Management, Reporting and Recovery, Disaster Recovery.
• Virus Protection and Eradication.
• Working with Google, Google Plus and Google applications.
• Configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft applications
• Installing configuring administrating software applications.
• Providing Training of troubleshooting of Computer Hardware Devices.
• Well working acquaintance in Linux environment.
• Installing and working with Linux OS’s and configuring servers and Webmin knowledge.
• Excellent trouble shooting skills with OS’s, Applications and networking.
INFINIT CONSULTING – IT Helpdesk Level II 2017-2019
- Provided support to over 700 clients and 20 companies with remote and on-site support.
- Used ConnectWise and Labtech for tickets and remote access to Manage client support.
- Installed / Windows 10 and Windows 7 on new and re-issued PCs.
- Setup up new PC’s using OBE and configuring systems for companies and clients.
- Walked Clients through backing up systems and reinstalling OS over the phone.
- Managed Active Directory for Companies and Clients setting up new users and managed Group Policies.
- Maintained Companies PCs / Macs and keeping systems updated according to needs.
- Excellent customer service maintaining a 5 Star rating from client feedback and well like by clients
EX’PRESSION COLLEGE SAN JOSE – IT Manager/Equipment Room Manager 2013-2017
- Managed and maintained over 80 PC’s and Mac’s including all Office and Student Computers on campus.
- Upgraded the entire campus’s audio/video editing suites and classrooms with hardware and OS’s
- Designed and setup campus inventory system using FileMakerPro and FileMakerGo.
- Setup Calendar Booking System for campus room reservations both San Jose and Emeryville.
- Maintained the network hardware and patched and re-patched the campus-networking infrastructure.
- Equipment Room Manager using Web Check Out to allow students access to all Audio & Video gear.
- Provided tech support for students with all computer related issues both Mac and PC
NUMMI REEMPLOYMENT CENTER – IT / FACILITY MANAGER 2009-2013
- First employee hired to set up The NRC working directly with the Project Manager.
- Directed communications install, Internet and phone systems and I’m the foreseer of all 3rd party vendors.
- Setup and maintain 80+ PCs, desktops and laptops running Windows 7, XP and OSX.
- Designed and maintained NRC website with information for laid off NUMMI employees and venders.
- On my concept and design I Created “NRC Business Network”, a social network for Clients, Case Managers
Business Service Representatives to communicate and share information easily.
- Built Business Services Job Lead Database and set up Internet Job Board and organized Job Lead procedures.
- Used WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and many other Internet applications that use PHP/MySQL
- Tools: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, MS Office and other CMS applications.
- Coordinated and oversaw the installation of Modular building by getting bids for the structure, underground electrical feed, and fire sprinklers. Worked directly with City of Fremont to expedite the install and made sure all building codes, zoning and land use regulations in compliance with city ordinance.
- Administered office operations, installing cubicles, furniture, copy machines, and fax machines.
UAW LOCAL 2244 REGION 5 – IT / NETWORKING TECHNICIAN / OFFICE MANAGER 2003-2009
- Designed and populated the UAW Local 2244 Website with content and video.
- Updated website daily with the latest information and made changes as needed.
- Maintained all office computers and servers and provided tech help to office staff.
- Managed T/M’s conferences by making travel arrangements, per diem checks and excuse letters.
- Worked with the President and Chairman to draw up and publish the Chairman/President reports.
- Communicated with TV news stations and local newspaper relaying information as requested.
- Answering phones, helping T/M’s and Retiree’s with information when needed.
- Updated and maintained their Intranet network and managed backup strategy for data recovery.
- Worked with Roberts Custom Software allowing them high-speed access to financial data files.
- Installed high-speed Internet hardware including routers, hubs and networking the offices.
- Registered domain names, hosted websites, setup email and web server infrastructure.
RIDE RESOURCE, LLC. – TECH / CUSTOMER SERVICE 2004-2008
- Built a web based reservation system for the taxicab industry providing a way to take ride reservations
- Managed and maintained current reservations online, taxicab company listings and information.
- Updated and provided information for taxicab websites so they can take reservations online.
3-B PRODUCTIONS – OFFICE MANAGER / LIGHTING & SOUND TECHNICIAN 2003-2006
- Office manager for a lighting/sound production company, kept the books and payroll.
- Delivered networking/hosting/Internet support. Redesigned website.
- Redesigned company invoicing/billing and contact database using FileMakerPro.
- Lighting and sound technician on show events such as corporate parties, city events and concerts.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS:
I have many passions in life but I must say that Computers, Music and PC Games are my lifestyle. I enjoy running my own social networking sites such as GillianWelchAndDavidRawlings.com I love to relax playing PC & Console games such as Overwatch, Diablo 3, Minecraft and COD. I enjoy working on music recording original songs as well as playing in a Stone Temple Pilots tribute band. You can check out some of the music @ www.MattWales.com and www.STPtribute.com